Switch this switch that, then switch back ?!?!?!….. and locked by random password??????!?

Ok, so its well past the midnight hour on december the 4th and yes, the SQUID team is up and working at SPP, should i say as usual??? The hour for delivery has come upon us quicker than what we actually wanted and we don’t have time to invent a time-stopping machine, unfortunately (yeah like we probably could if we wanted right?? who knows, if you have the answer please call 3920539236289306235) ;P

Yes we are starting to get tired and so with tiredness the humor drops quite exponentially so this blog post should not be taken seriously, except for the parts which are serious of course.

What’s happening at this hour that still keeps us together, awake and here then?? well we certainly are not having a nice party, even if we laugh part of the time (due to tiredness ;P). No in fact we started preparing the experiment for delivery, yesterday (friday) and somehow the SQUID just does not want to travel to Germany and DLR (=PROBLEMS!!), even though it actually is a nice trip.

So all assembly procedure documents are precent and we have the parts and a ready for assembly…. point after point is checked off and the assembly of the eBox continues. Ok, good its done, nice HURRAY… now let’s just make sure it works…………………… there really are no words to describe the following set of events, but here is what happened. While running the test on the electronics we encountered that the read write procedure of our FPGA had suddenly, due to some cosmic far away strange black hole mystery thing which gave it and own free will, created and placed a random password upon itself. Now how can that actually occur??? but I am quite sure that if something would create and do something like that it would have chosen exactly this day, place, time and space project to annoy.

What we did afterwards is actually already described in the title. We decided to switch the flight eBox main board to the one inside our test eBox which should be identical according to specifications but of course it was not. Anyway the switch took place and about 45 minutes later when we had unscrewed all the locktited screws and everything and replaced it with the spare main board from the test eBox (and once again locktited the screws) we could conclude that something was fishy here as well. Fortunately Monica had soldered a new FPGA on the fligh main board while the rest of us were spending our time playing trivial pursuit with the other one (no one got a single piece of the cake). So doing everything backwards we now arrived at the point where we actually started off, but without the possessed FPGA this time so HURRAY success! And now let us test it….wait….wait…HURRAY it works!!!! Time to start working again, oooh how i have waited for this moment. I don’t really know how it is going over in the lab as I am currently sitting in a separate room (the library) and writing but as no one is coming here it can either be good news due to that everyone is busy with continuing to work and prepare for assembly… or bad news due to that some are working on fixing fishy stuff while others are sleeping.

No in fact we are finally making progress and I just recieved word from the BIG BOSS that Im soon needed so time for me to wrap up this blog post and join the rest for a coffee.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: