December 7, 2010 Leave a comment
So after a very busy and chaotic night it was time to leave for Germany and DLR in Bremen. We had decided to drive here and we had to leave on saturday if we were going to make it. The plan was to finish all the packing friday night and leave early saturday morning… However, it did’t go exactly like planed on friday, as you may have read. So at 1.30am we decided I wold go home to sleep so we could have one driver who had gotten some hours of sleep. It proved to be a good decision since the others got no, or almost no sleep that night. But we managed to pack almost everything and get going after lunch on saturday.
We drove down to Helsingborg, where we spent the night at Gustav’s grand parents. They were really nice having food ready for us when we arrived. Sunday we spent in the car driving from Sweden, through Denmark and finally arriving in Bremen, Germany. We was quite tired by that time but managed to find our hotel, members of one of the other teams (M-beam) and our contact from DLR and ESA. After a nice dinner and some beers, we are after all in Germany, we went to bed sleeping like logs.
Yesterday: Monday morning. Still the same tasks but another lab in another country. Continue the work we did not manage to get done before leaving SPP. This means fitting the batteries and mounting all the boards in the E-box. So far we have managed to fit it all almost together and breaking about five screws doing so. It feels a little bit taking three steps forwards and two back, but slowly we where getting there.
So finally, at about six, we had goth all the parts together and everything seemed to work fine. First we tried to connect directly to the eBox it self to make sure that we could communicate to it which worked fine but then when we had assembled the complete FFU and placed it on the RMU we where not able to communicate with the experiment through the umbilical. So we started to try to find the problem and we soon realized that the signal pins needs to go further in to the experiment in order to get the signals through. To solve this we re soldered the pins and then everything went fine. So after some long hours we succeeded with the communication which made it possible to proceed with the Electrical interface test which went perfect. This continued with a test together with the M-beam team, which are placed below us in the nosecone. This also went fine and we finally could round of for the day, which where about time since the clock where closing 9 pm fast.
We rounded of the evening together with some of the other teams and some of the ESA, DLR and SSC personnel at a restaurant in town.